Click to Home

Go To Search
Glass Factories
Glass jarsCoffeyville's abundant natural resources, including cheap natural gas, enabled ten glass factories to be operating in the early 1900's. Names recognizable today including Ball Brothers Glass Factory and Mason Fruit Jar Company were just some of the factories that employed over 1,000 people. Most of the factories were located around 14th Street, however, the Mason Fruit Jar was located on North Union. The factories closed in 1916.
Pictured are jars from the Premium Glass Co., and the Mason Fruit Jar factory. The Premium Company was one of the very few to put the name of a town on the jar. The Mason Fruit Jar and Bottle Company plant operated for two years, 1907-1909 before being purchased by the Ball Brothers Fruit Jar Company.