Guidelines for Burning Within City Limits
It is permissible to burn any brush, hay, straw, leaves, grass, weeds or similar material within the city limits under the following conditions:
- Accelerants shall not be used.
- Burning hours permitted shall be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Items shall be burned so as not to create a traffic hazard.
- The attendee shall have a continuous supply of water on hand to extinguish the fire if necessary.
- The fire shall be constantly attended by an adult until completely extinguished.
- The open burning location shall not be less than 50 feet from any structure.
- You must obtain permission from the officer-in-charge, captain or lieutenant at the Fire Department.
Fires may be in approved containers that are not less than 15 feet from a structure. The minimum required distance from a structure shall be 25 feet where the pile size is three feet or less in height.
For More Information
If you have any questions or would like more details, please contact the Fire Department at 620-252-6148.