Register to Vote

Voter Registration Qualifications
To register to vote you must:

  • Be a U.S citizen
  • Be a resident of the State of Kansas
  • Have reached the age of 18 years before the next statewide general election
  • Have received final discharge from imprisonment, parole or conditional release if convicted of a felony
  • Have abandoned your former residence and/or name

Register to Vote
Voter registration can be done in the City Clerk's office at City Hall, or you can complete the Online Voter Registration Form.

Other Means of Registration
If you are unable to use the online form above, submit a completed Voter Registration Form to the Montgomery County Clerk at:
P.O. Box 446
Independence, KS 67301

Uses of the Form
The registration form can be used to:

  • Affiliate with a political party or change party affiliation
  • Change your name or your address on registration form
  • Register to vote in Kansas