The Kansas Fish & Game stocks LeClere Lake during the trout season November 1 - April 15.
Licenses & Permits
- Fishing licenses are required to fish in LeClere Lake for Kansas residents 16 through 74 and non-residents 16 and older.
- During trout season November 1 - April 15, a trout permit is also required to fish in LeClere Lake.
- Trout permits are required for all ages 16 and above.
- Trout permits are available wherever fishing licenses are sold.
- In Coffeyville, licenses and permits are available at Walmart. They may also be purchased on the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks & Tourism website.
- Daily creel limit is 5 trout. The possession limit is 15 trout.
- For youth 15 and under, the limit is 2 if they are fishing without a trout permit. If they have purchased a trout permit, the limit is 5.
After April 15, there may be trout in LeClere Lake. A fishing license is needed if required by the State of Kansas, however, a trout permit is not required between April 16 and October 31. The trout limits remain the same.