Paint the Town Program
In an effort to maintain and improve the character, aesthetic quality and property values within the community, the City of Coffeyville has established its Paint the Town Program. The program is funded with the Housing and Community Development portion of the ½-cent sales tax and provides free paint and supplies to qualifying homeowners who live in Coffeyville.
Based on available funding, the City of Coffeyville provides eligible homeowners a one-time grant, up to $300 for paint and supplies. For homeowners to be eligible, they must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must own and reside in a single-family home within the Coffeyville city limits to be painted.
- Applicants must own and occupy the property as primary residence. Must show proof that the applicant currently resides in the property by providing a utility bill in the applicant’s name.
- Applicant must be current on property taxes, and must not owe any outstanding balances and/or fees to the City of Coffeyville.
- Applicants must have homeowner’s insurance and/or flood insurance (should flood insurance be required).
- Applicant must certify that the property is not being offered for sale.
- Applicants may not own more than one home.
- Applicants may not have home in Family Trust.
- Applicants must be low or moderate-income family.
- Applicants must verify all household income.
- Applicants must complete the entire application.
For properties to be eligible, they must meet the following requirements:
- Home must be owner-occupied located within the city limits of Coffeyville, Kansas.
- Home must be a single-family residence.
- Home must be residential design and on a permanent foundation. The Paint the Town Assistance Program does not make provisions for mobile home, rental properties, duplexes, or other multi-family dwellings. The Home must not have connected or common walls and the owner must own the property.
- Home must have a safe access work area, meaning it must be clear of clutter and debris, including bugs, pests, rodents, and waste.
- Home must be ready to paint. The Paint the Town Assistance Program is not designed to cover repairs or construction. Minor repairs such as reattaching already existing good condition siding and re-doing caulking are permitted.
- Home must be in compliance with all City building codes and properly zoned.
- Home must pass an onsite inspection of the property by City staff. The City will take a “before” photo for reference.
- Homeowner with notify the City when painting is complete. The City will take a “after” photo for reference.
- Home must be painted within 60 days of paint and supplies pick up.
- The Homeowner is responsible for all painting or any costs associated with hiring a painter. Homeowner may utilize volunteers to paint for them.
- Extensive and/or unnecessary home repairs not related to painting.
- Any structure not directly attached to the living unit including sheds, mailboxes, doghouses, swing sets, fences, etc.
TYPE & TERMS
The Paint the Town Assistance Program will provide up to $300.00 in Housing and Community Development ½-cent sales tax funds for eligible painting. Assistance is in the form of a grant and no repayment is required if the applicant remains in compliance with the terms of the program and conditions of assistance. The Paint the Town Assistance Program is awarded at the discretion of the City of Coffeyville.
DEFINITION OF LOW/MODERATE HOUSEHOLD INCOME
“Low/Moderate Household Income” shall mean all the persons occupying the housing unit whose total income does not exceed 80% of the area median income and adjusted for household size.
2023 MAXIMUM INCOME CHART
Maximum Income (80% of the Area Median)
HOUSEHOLD INCOME CALCULATIONS
The City of Coffeyville’s definition of annual income is the gross amount of income of all adult household members that is anticipated to be received during a 12-month period. Income of all household residents age 18 or over, unless they are a full-time student, will be included in the household income determination. This includes full-time and part-time wages, self-employment wages, alimony, Social Security benefits, pensions, child support, and regular gifts of money from friends, family, church, or social agency. Money earned from providing services, investments, interest, dividends, assets, and other net income of any kind from real or personal property must be disclosed. Any assets exceeding $5,000.00 will be counted as income. Employment will be verified.
The Paint the Town Assistance Program shall be implemented consistent with the City’s commitment to State and Federal equal opportunity laws. No person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefit of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity funded in whole or in part with the Housing and Community Development portion of the ½-cent sales tax funds on the basis of their disability, family status, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, source of income, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or other arbitrary discrimination. The City of Coffeyville will provide reasonable accommodations and/or modifications, or provide language assistance to individuals requesting such assistance to benefit from the services provided by the Paint the Town Assistance Program.